Agile Project Management | LIVE, ONLINE
December 15, 2020 - December 17, 2020 | 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
This interactive program will be delivered live via an online learning platform.
- 12/14/20 (Optional Pre-Session) | 1 – 2 p.m.
- 12/15/20 | 1 – 4:30 p.m.
- 12/17/20 | 1 – 4:30 p.m.
This program is offered live, online.
In a live, online delivery format, you will log into a web conferencing platform to participate in the program. You will interact with the instructor, the moderator, and your fellow participants. The instructor is focused on delivering content to you in an engaging way. The moderator is focused on helping you and the instructor with all technical aspects of the class as well as engaging with you using virtual tools, like Chat. You will also be using collaborative tools for group work. Here are a few comments from prior participants:
- “I liked that the sessions were interactive as much as possible while still continuing to provide good information. I appreciate all the work done to turn this into a valuable virtual experience.”
- “I appreciated that the session was interactive and engaging. The instructor’s warm smile and invitations to join the chat made the content very engaging. We had lots of shared comments (maybe more than we would’ve had in person?) in the Zoom chat window.”
- “The course was very well put together (both preparing and online logistics and the course materials, before and during the course).”
- “The instructor and the moderator were very patient, friendly, helpful and professional.”
- To the moderator, “thank you for all your ‘behind the scenes’ action and attentiveness. Greatly appreciated!”
- Appreciate the support and reassurance provided.
Introduce new habits into your culture by adopting an Agile mindset
Agile has quickly become the go-to project management approach for a wide range of industries. According to the Project Management Institute (PMI®), more than 90% of organizations are using Agile to some degree. More than three out of four organizations believe Agile will be preferred over the traditional “waterfall” approach by 2021.* If your business is not using Agile, it will be soon.
This one-day program covers the essentials of agile project management and contrasts traditional (or waterfall) project management practices to Agile and Iterative methods. You will learn how to initiate, plan, and schedule an Agile project; how to estimate using story points and ideal days; and how to monitor performance against the plan.
You will leave this program understanding how best to apply Agile –in concert with or instead of traditional methods– for your organization’s projects. Throughout the day, there will be interactive activities, and the day ends with a simulation that works through an actual agile project management process where you will get to apply the tools, methodologies, and philosophy of Agile.
Agile is as much a mindset as it is guiding principles and concepts. It is a smarter approach to the management of projects. It relies on motivated individuals supporting each other to reach a common aim, together as one.
*(Pulse of the Profession 2018, Project Management Institute, 2018.)
PMI is a registered trademark of Project Management Institute, Inc.
Key Learning Outcomes
In this program participants will learn how to:
- Initiate, plan, and schedule an Agile project
- Estimate using story points and ideal days
- Monitor performance against the plan
- Apply the tools, methods, and philosophies of Agile
- Determine the best application of Agile for your organization’s projects
Who Should Attend?
You will benefit most from this program if you are a:
- Project Manager
- Functional Manager
- Manager with cross-functional responsibility
- Team Leader or team member who is moving into a team leadership position
- Project Sponsor
$695 – includes course materials