Critical Thinking Skills in Business | LIVE, ONLINE
October 8, 2020 - October 16, 2020 | 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
We plan to offer this program via via live, online learning. If you have questions about the online delivery of this program, please reach out to us.
- October 8, 2020 | 1 – 5 p.m.
- October 9, 2020 | 1 – 5 p.m.
- October 15, 2020 | 1 – 5 p.m.
- October 16, 2020 | 1 – 5 p.m.
In a live, online delivery format, you will log into a web conferencing platform to participate in the program. You will interact with the instructor, the moderator, and your fellow participants. The instructor is focused on delivering content to you in an engaging way. The moderator is focused on helping you and the instructor with all technical aspects of the class as well as engaging with you using virtual tools, like Chat. You will also be using collaborative tools for group work. Here are a few comments from prior participants:
- “I liked that the sessions were interactive as much as possible while still continuing to provide good information. I appreciate all the work done to turn this into a valuable virtual experience.”
- “I appreciated that the session was interactive and engaging. The instructor’s warm smile and invitations to join the chat made the content very engaging. We had lots of shared comments (maybe more than we would’ve had in person?) in the Zoom chat window.”
- “The course was very well put together (both preparing and online logistics and the course materials, before and during the course).”
- “The instructor and the moderator were very patient, friendly, helpful and professional.”
- To the moderator, “thank you for all your ‘behind the scenes’ action and attentiveness. Greatly appreciated!”
- “Appreciate the support and reassurance provided.”
In today’s fast-paced, ever-changing, data-heavy, counterintuitive world, the ability to diagnose problems and establish correlation through critical thinking is more important than ever. The Broad College offers Critical Thinking in Business as a way to expand and enhance critical thinking abilities. Critical Thinking in Business is a two-day executive development program which will provide participants with a toolkit of practical decision-making strategies and research based reasoning models, both of which will have immediate application in both work and personal life.
Developing a culture of critical thinking produces many organizational benefits, including increase change agility, more effective strategy implementation, fewer wasted resources, and higher levels of employee engagement. Critical Thinking in Business enables managers to recognize instinctive thinking, avoid common thinking pitfalls, and navigate “group think.” The program also discusses “ingenious thinking,” which is used by successful innovators, scientists, strategists, and Nobel Prize winners.
By attending this program, participants will be able to utilize effective problem solving and decision making. By maximizing critical thinking and reasoning, individuals will enhance their most important resource and the ultimate competitive advantage — their minds.
Key Learning Objectives
After attending this program, participants will:
- Understand the difference between “instinctive thinking” and “ingenious thinking”
- Leverage reasoning skills in business settings
- Think critically using a structured process
- Make better decisions and resolve problems more effectively
- Determine the root-causes of problems through analysis
Dr. Michael Rip
Dr. Rip is the founder of MindLeap, and a professor at Michigan State University. MindLeap is based on the integration of research across many disciplines, including cognitive psychology, clinical medicine, public health, epidemiology, neuroscience, social science and strategic intelligence analysis. Dr. Rip has worked with many organizations to deliver his MindLeap framework in a number of customized formats to suit client and participant needs.
$2,395 – full course rate (includes materials and certificate of completion)
$1,995 – early bird rate (Available until September 7, 2020)