CXM Professional Development Series (Lansing Cohort)
February 11, 2020 - February 13, 2020 | 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The James B. Henry Center for Executive Development
Creating brand loyalty requires more than “only” offering a great product or “just” providing excellent customer service. Brand loyalty is created through the entire customer experience, which encompasses the relationship, feelings, expectations, and satisfaction a person has with a company. Great customer experiences add to the perceived value of a product, deepen the commitment to a brand, and create repeat business. Poor experiences send consumers to the competition.
The CXM Professional Development Series breaks down the customer experience management process into six modules that can be taken individually or in sequence to be awarded the Customer Experience Management Certificate. This series is designed to provide participants with practical insights and the tools necessary to address what is quickly becoming an imperative for success in today’s competitive business world—effectively designing and managing the customer experience.
This certificate series is offered through a partnership between CXM@MSU and Executive Development Programs within the Broad College of Business.
Additional information about the future of Customer Experience Management as well as networking opportunities can be found though Michigan’s Association of Customer Experience Professionals.
Key Learning Outcomes
By attending this program, participants will:
- Develop an understanding of all the key components of the customer experience management process
- Fill the necessary gaps in your customer experience management skill set
- Obtain certification from the nation’s leader in customer experience management at the collegiate level
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for leaders in firms with a strategic commitment to continuously improve and compete through customer experience management. These include:
- Individuals intrigued by the CXM process who want to implement it in their organization
- Individuals who hold a position in customer experience management and hope to have a greater understanding of the entire CXM process
- Individuals looking for new ideas and ways to perfect CXM within their organizations
Customer Experience Management as a Strategic Initiative
- Learn why the customer experience starts from within the organization and the role that leadership plays in the process
- Understand what it means to be a customer-centric organization and the benefits it affords
- Create a compelling customer experience vision
- Develop the goals necessary to reach the customer experience vision
- Understand the components and initiatives that comprise a successful customer experience management plan
Understanding the Customer
- Learn about recent trends in consumer perceptions and behaviors
- Identify customer “Jobs-To-Be-Done” to identify customer needs, opportunities for value creation and market segments
- Create a customer experience journey map of the customer’s multi-channel interactions with an organization to identify pain and pleasure points
- Utilize innovative qualitative research techniques to develop customer personas and stories that reflect empathy and guide decision making
Customer Experience Design
- Understand the principles of design thinking and their role in customer experience management
- Utilize co-creation tools to foster group collaboration in designing meaningful and memorable customer experiences
- Identify the people, skills, activities and finances that are needed at various stages of the innovation process
- Foster positive brainstorming sessions by adopting IDEO’s seven rules of brainstorming
- Utilize a customer journey map as a design tool to reach and exceed customer goals and expectations at every customer touchpoint
- Create a customer-first culture that aligns an organization’s core values
- Break down silos and foster collaboration in delivering the customer experience
- Increase employee engagement, commitment, loyalty and identification with the organization and its customer centric mission
- Develop leadership behaviors that motivate and inspire employees to realize and embrace their critical role as the organization’s “first public”
- Understand the lifetime value of the customer and the different stages of customer relationship development
- Learn how customers evaluate experiences, make value judgments and become brand advocates
- Develop an understanding of critical customer relationship tools that leave customers feeling valued and committed to the organization
- Understand the critical elements of the technology framework for CRM and the customer experience
- Learn how the digital transformation is shaping the way organizations manage their relationships with customers
Customer Feedback and Continuous Improvement
- Identify the most relevant metrics for determining customer experience success
- Determine when and how to gather customer feedback
- Understand how to recover effectively from customer complaints and turn failures into customer commitment and loyalty
- Utilize customer feedback to drive ongoing business improvements
- Utilize CEX modeling for trending, benchmarking, and continuous improvement
Forrest V. Morgeson III
Forrest V. Morgeson III, Ph.D. is Director of Research at the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Dr. Morgeson also holds the position of Clinical Professor in the Department of Marketing in the Broad College of Business at Michigan State University.
Hang Nguyen, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor in the Marketing Department of the Broad College of Business at Michigan State University, where she teaches courses in brand strategy and product innovation.
Angela T. Hall, J.D. Ph.D. is an Associate Professor in the School of Human Resources and Labor Relations at Michigan State University.
Tom DeWitt, Ph.D. is the Director of CXM@MSU and a fixed-term faculty member in the Department of Marketing of the Broad College of Business at Michigan State University.
$2,995 for 6 Modules. You may also enroll in individual modules for a fee of $695 per module. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.