Finance for Executives
October 27, 2020 - October 28, 2020 | 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
The James B. Henry Center for Executive Development
At this time, we plan to offer this program via interactive, face-to-face instruction. If public health considerations require a different approach, we will deliver this program on the current schedule via live, online learning. If you have questions, please reach out to us.
This two-day program is targeted at senior managers who are interested in expanding their knowledge of finance and the role of financial choices and financial metrics in strategic decision-making and value-creation. The program assumes the participant has a rudimentary knowledge of finance similar to what is covered in the Broad College’s Finance for the Non-Financial Manager one-day seminar. This program will focus on several different themes including the use of financial metrics to identify areas of operational excellence and under-performance and the role of financial information in making large strategic decisions such as expanding, downsizing, and organizational restructuring. In addition, the use of financial metrics in firms’ compensation and incentive systems to guide organizations towards value maximizing decisions will be covered. Lastly, the various fundraising vehicles available to firms and the costs and benefits of different financing strategies with regard to value creation and default risk will be reviewed during the program. Several real world cases will be used to illustrate and explore these issues a variety of different corporate settings.
After Attending this Program, Participants Will Better Understand
- The appropriate use of financial information and the limitations of different financial metrics
- The use of financial information to identify sources of value creation and opportunities for operational improvement
- How financial metrics that can be incorporated into a firm’s compensation systems to guide individuals towards maximizing organizational performance
- How to think strategically about opportunities for growth and the implications of different growth strategies, including acquisitions, on financial metrics and funding needs
- The role of organizational restructuring and divestitures in maximizing value in a variety of different economic environments
- Surveying the various fundraising vehicles available to firms and the costs and benefits of different financing strategies
- How to develop a firm’s financial strategy based on market, industry, and firm-specific conditions
- More effectively communicate with financiers and financial markets
Who Should Attend
This program is ideal for executives who desire to have a more complete picture of the financial aspects of their organization and who want to learn to communicate effectively with senior financial managers and external market participants. Individuals from all functional areas and industries whose decisions have a financial impact on the organization will benefit from this program. This would include individuals working in marketing, slaes, human resources, operations, manufacturing, and engineering.
$2,395 – full tuition (includes materials, meals, and certificate of completion)
$1,995 – Early Bird Rate (Available until August 15, 2020)
You can find our payment and cancellation policy here.