Finance for Executives | LIVE, ONLINE
We plan to offer this program via via live, online learning. If you have questions about the online delivery of this program, please reach out to us.
December 1, 2020 (Optional pre-session) | 9 – 10 a.m. ET
December 2, 2020 | 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 2 – 4 p.m. ET
December 3, 2020 | 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 2 – 4 p.m. ET
December 4, 2020 | 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 2 – 4 p.m. ET
Finance for Executives is targeted at senior managers who are interested in expanding their knowledge of finance and the role of financial choices and financial metrics in strategic decision-making and value-creation. The program assumes the participant has a rudimentary knowledge of finance similar to what is covered in the Broad College’s Finance for the Non-Financial Manager one-day seminar. This program will focus on several different themes including the use of financial metrics to identify areas of operational excellence and under-performance and the role of financial information in making large strategic decisions such as expanding, downsizing, and organizational restructuring. In addition, the use of financial metrics in firms’ compensation and incentive systems to guide organizations towards value maximizing decisions will be covered. Lastly, the various fundraising vehicles available to firms and the costs and benefits of different financing strategies with regard to value creation and default risk will be reviewed during the program. Several real world cases will be used to illustrate and explore these issues a variety of different corporate settings.
After Attending this Program, Participants Will Better Understand
- The appropriate use of financial information and the limitations of different financial metrics
- The use of financial information to identify sources of value creation and opportunities for operational improvement
- How financial metrics that can be incorporated into a firm’s compensation systems to guide individuals towards maximizing organizational performance
- How to think strategically about opportunities for growth and the implications of different growth strategies, including acquisitions, on financial metrics and funding needs
- The role of organizational restructuring and divestitures in maximizing value in a variety of different economic environments
- Surveying the various fundraising vehicles available to firms and the costs and benefits of different financing strategies
- How to develop a firm’s financial strategy based on market, industry, and firm-specific conditions
- More effectively communicate with financiers and financial markets
Who Should Attend
This program is ideal for executives who desire to have a more complete picture of the financial aspects of their organization and who want to learn to communicate effectively with senior financial managers and external market participants. Individuals from all functional areas and industries whose decisions have a financial impact on the organization will benefit from this program. This would include individuals working in marketing, sales, human resources, operations, manufacturing, and engineering.
This program is offered live, online.
In a live, online delivery format, you will log into a web conferencing platform to participate in the program. You will interact with the instructor, the moderator, and your fellow participants. The instructor is focused on delivering content to you in an engaging way. The moderator is focused on helping you and the instructor with all technical aspects of the class as well as engaging with you using virtual tools, like Chat. You will also be using collaborative tools for group work. Here are a few comments from prior participants:
- I liked that the sessions were interactive as much as possible while still continuing to provide good information. I appreciate all the work done to turn this into a valuable virtual experience.
- I appreciated that the session was interactive and engaging. The instructor’s warm smile and invitations to join the chat made the content very engaging. We had lots of shared comments
- maybe more than we would’ve had in person?) in the Zoom chat window.
- The course was very well put together (both preparing and online logistics and the course materials, before and during the course).
- The instructor and the moderator were very patient, friendly, helpful and professional.
- To the moderator, “thank you for all your ‘behind the scenes’ action and attentiveness. Greatly appreciated!”
- Appreciate the support and reassurance provided.
The full program cost is $2395 which includes instruction, all educational materials, general technical support and a certificate of completion.
You can find our payment and cancellation policy here.