Leadership and Communication Skills for Project Managers | LIVE, ONLINE
December 15, 2020 - December 18, 2020 | 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
This interactive program will be delivered live via an online learning platform.
- December 14, 2020 (Optional Pre-Session)| 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- December 15, 2020 | 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- December 16, 2020 | 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- December 17, 2020 | 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- December 18, 2020 | 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
This program is offered live, online.
In a live, online delivery format, you will log into a web conferencing platform to participate in the program. You will interact with the instructor, the moderator, and your fellow participants. The instructor is focused on delivering content to you in an engaging way. The moderator is focused on helping you and the instructor with all technical aspects of the class as well as engaging with you using virtual tools, like Chat. You will also be using collaborative tools for group work. Here are a few comments from prior participants:
- “I liked that the sessions were interactive as much as possible while still continuing to provide good information. I appreciate all the work done to turn this into a valuable virtual experience.”
- “I appreciated that the session was interactive and engaging. The instructor’s warm smile and invitations to join the chat made the content very engaging. We had lots of shared comments (maybe more than we would’ve had in person?) in the Zoom chat window.”
- “The course was very well put together (both preparing and online logistics and the course materials, before and during the course).”
- “The instructor and the moderator were very patient, friendly, helpful and professional.”
- To the moderator, “thank you for all your ‘behind the scenes’ action and attentiveness. Greatly appreciated!”
- Appreciate the support and reassurance provided.
Being a project manager requires a wide variety of technical skills. The effectiveness of those skills is extremely dependent upon your ability to motivate team members, liaise with key business decision-makers, and foster an environment in which change can thrive. This is why “Leadership” and “Communication” are at the top of every list of critical skills for project managers.
This interactive program explores various leadership styles, motivational techniques and other skill sets a leader needs to be successful not only on projects, but within the organization itself. It includes small group exercises, large group discussions, and instructor facilitation.
Key Learning Outcomes
In this program you will learn how to:
- Use the leadership map to evaluate your strengths and weaknesses as a leader (versus as a manager)
- Determine your personality and communicate effectively with different personality styles
- Establish a cohesive team
- Use the Spheres of Influence model to evaluate the way different people “see” the project
- Adapt your leadership methods based on the specific situation and people
- Clarify roles and responsibilities
- Delegate tasks effectively, without resistance
- Motivate superior team performance
- Providing constructive, not destructive, feedback
- Use your leadership ability to improve the success of your project
Who Should Attend?
You will benefit most from this program if you are a(n):
- Project Manager or Team Leader
- Team member who is moving into a team leadership position
- Project Sponsor
- Functional Manager
- Executive with cross-functional responsibility
- Member of the Project Management Office
- Leader of a team that must implement a strategic initiative or critical process improvement
- Candidate for the Program Management Professional (PgMP) certification
This workshop is ideal for teams of colleagues who have a common, cross-functional process on which to work.
This program is $1,295, and the fee includes all course materials.