Measuring and Improving Processes | LIVE, ONLINE
November 12, 2020 - November 20, 2020 | 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
We plan to offer this program via via live, online learning. If you have questions about the online delivery of this program, please reach out to us.
- November 11, 2020 (Optional Pre-Session) | 1 – 2 p.m.
- November 12, 2020 | 1 – 4 p.m.
- November 13, 2020 | 1 – 4 p.m.
- November 19, 2020 | 1 – 4 p.m.
- November 20, 2020 | 1 – 4 p.m.
In a live, online delivery format, you will log into a web conferencing platform to participate in the program. You will interact with the instructor, the moderator, and your fellow participants. The instructor is focused on delivering content to you in an engaging way. The moderator is focused on helping you and the instructor with all technical aspects of the class as well as engaging with you using virtual tools, like Chat. You will also be using collaborative tools for group work. Here are a few comments from prior participants:
- “I liked that the sessions were interactive as much as possible while still continuing to provide good information. I appreciate all the work done to turn this into a valuable virtual experience.”
- “I appreciated that the session was interactive and engaging. The instructor’s warm smile and invitations to join the chat made the content very engaging. We had lots of shared comments (maybe more than we would’ve had in person?) in the Zoom chat window.”
- “The course was very well put together (both preparing and online logistics and the course materials, before and during the course).”
- “The instructor and the moderator were very patient, friendly, helpful and professional.”
- To the moderator, “thank you for all your ‘behind the scenes’ action and attentiveness. Greatly appreciated!”
- “Appreciate the support and reassurance provided.”
Using Six Sigma Tools to Improve Business Results
Six Sigma performance is a worthy, albeit expensive, business goal. Fortunately, it is not an all-or-nothing proposition. This program will arm participants with the tools and strategies that are fundamental to Six Sigma and other proven performance improvement methodologies.
Measuring and Improving Processes: Using Six Sigma Tools to Improve Business Results is part of the Business Process Management Certificate Series, and it can be taken as a stand alone program or as part of the BPM sequence.
In this program participants will learn how to:
- Identify critical process “pulse points”
- Measure and analyze process performance
- Construct histograms, control charts and other practical Six Sigma tools
- Determine what level of quality an organization’s process can deliver
- Identify the root causes that limit quality, slow service time and increase costs
- Evaluate and apply process improvement alternatives
I. The Customer First
- Identify your key customers
- Use the Kano Model to determine customer expectations
- Measure performance against expectations
- Collect and validate customer requirements
II. Measuring Process Quality
- Identify how my customers measure quality
- Identify how my organization measures quality
- Determine upstream and downstream pulse points
- Collect data using the Check Sheet
- Evaluate data using the Trend Chart
- Set Targets
III. Analyzing Performance
- Identify and prioritize issues using the Pareto Chart
- Determine if processes are stable, capable, and flexible using Histograms and Process Distributions
- Understand variation by determining common cause vs. special cause
- Manage variation by using the Control Chart
- Analyze root cause with the Scatter Diagram and the Fishbone Diagram
IV. Your Improvement Strategy
- Analyze process flowcharts
- Identify improvement opportunities
- Identify “quick hits”
- Determine options and impact
$1,295 – includes course materials