December 13, 2019 | 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
The James B. Henry Center for Executive Development
Business needs are changing faster than ever, and becoming a nimble organization is vital to success in today’s always-on economy. Think about the situations that change management could improve.
Organizational redesign generates role and responsibility shifts that can be difficult for staff to embrace. Cross-functional improvement projects result in changes that can lead to perceived inequity between units. Fear of change can undermine brainstorming and problem-solving meetings.
Navigating Change offered by the Broad College of Business will provide you with the techniques to address change at the organizational and individual level. These tools will have immediate application, and improve your organization’s speed to adapt to change.
Key Learning Outcomes
After participating in this program, you will be able to:
- Construct a comprehensive Change Management Plan
- Articulate the change management challenges at your organization
- Evaluate the “fit” of popular change models to determine the best change management model for your organization
- Anticipate and plan for the differences between organizational change efforts and departmental change efforts
- Craft unique engagement strategies for key stakeholders
- Navigate difficult change situations
- Respond to common barriers to change (office politics, inertia, etc.)
Who Should Attend
You will benefit most from this program if you are a:
- Strategic manager, process improvement manager, or technology manager
- Manager or member of a strategic planning task force
- Manager in a dynamic business environment
- Black Belt, Green Belt, or continuous improvement professional
- Project Manager
- Systems Implementer
1. The Challenge of Change
- Change Management – a growth industry
- Why do people resist change?
- Change Management Models: Kotter, ADKAR, and CODE
- Measuring successful change
2. Planning for Change
- Roles and responsibilities
- Workshop: Winners and Losers from Change
- Developing a change management strategy
- Situational case studies: What would you do?
- Tools and techniques
3. Overcoming Resistance to Change
- Workshop: Evaluating Group Interaction
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Management / Resolution
4. Institutionalizing Improvement
- Facilitation Tips
- Barriers to Implementation
$695 – includes continental breakfast, lunch, and course materials.