Nursing Home Administration- Unit 1 – 2017
September 9, 2017 - October 14, 2017 | 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The James B. Henry Center for Executive Development
Areas of Expertise:
• Industry specific
Unit 1: Sept. 9-October 14, 2017
Other Units offered:
Unit 2: Oct. 21- Dec. 2, 2017,
Unit 3: Jan 6 – Feb. 10 2018
Unit 4: Feb. 17-Mar. 24, 2018
• The Nursing Home Administration Program offers 144 clock-hours of instruction in four units, each involving Saturday sessions. To complete the program, participants must attend 128 clock hours (90%) and pass a comprehensive final exam for each unit.
• Classes run from 9:00am – 4:00pm each Saturday.
• Unit 1 covers leadership, labor and management contracts, affirmative action, wages, legal issues, HIPPA
• Unit 2 covers aging process, gerontology and geriatric infection control, nutrition, pharmacy.
• Unit 3 covers General and States Rules/Regulations for Dietary Services in Long Term Care Facilities, medicare, fire safety.
• Unit 4 covers accounting and budget, recreational, medicaid, and insurance.
Faculty & speakers
Who should attend
Anyone interested in nursing home administration and those individuals currently involved in health care administration who wish to review and update their skills in the field.
Regular: $925.00 per unit
Comment: The above fee, which is payable in advance, includes all materials for Unit 3 and parking. Please make checks payable to Michigan State University.
Contact: Sally Vescolani