Nursing Home Administration (Unit Two) | LIVE, ONLINE
October 24, 2020 - December 5, 2020 | All Day
In light of public health considerations and in response to guidance from the CDC, State of Michigan and other organizations, we have made the decision to offer this program via live, online instruction on the current dates and times. We hope you will join us for this engaging and valuable program. If you have questions, please reach out to us.
Session 1 – Saturday, October 24, 2020 | 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Session 2 – Saturday, October 31, 2020 | 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Session 3 – Saturday, November 7, 2020 | 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Session 4 – Saturday, November 14, 2020 | 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Session 5 – Saturday, November 21, 2020| 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Session 6 – Saturday, December 5, 2020 | 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The standards and expectations for nursing home administrators continue to evolve and change, requiring that future administrators invest in developing their knowledge to address new challenges and opportunities. The 2020-2021 Nursing Home Administration Program has been redesigned to align with the latest licensure examination topics and issues. By enrolling in this program, you will prepare yourself for the complexities of becoming a nursing home administrator. We invite you to consider attending this highly-respected program.
Key Learning Outcomes
At the end of the four Nursing Home Administration unites, you will:
- Have an enhanced understanding of how to be an effective nursing home administrator
- Understand key functions within the nursing home environment, including: customer care, supports, and services; human resources; environment; and management and leadership
- Be eligible and ready to take the NAB licensure exam
The Nursing Home Administration Program offers 144 clock-hours of instruction in four units, each involving Saturday sessions. To complete the program, participants must attend 128 clock hours (90%).
- Unit One (Starts September 12, 2020) covers leadership, labor and management contracts, affirmative action, wages, legal issues, HIPPA
- Unit Two (Starts October 24, 2020) covers aging process, gerontology and geriatric infection control, nutrition, pharmacy.
- Unit Three (Starts January 9, 2021) covers General and States Rules/Regulations for Dietary Services in Long Term Care Facilities, medicare, fire safety.
- Unit Four (Starts February 20, 2021) covers accounting and budget, recreational, medicaid, and insurance.
Classes run from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. each Saturday.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone interested in nursing home administration and those individuals currently involved in health care administration who wish to review and update their skills in the field.
$925 per unit