Process Mapping & Analysis
October 15, 2018 - October 16, 2018 | 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
The James B. Henry Center for Executive Development
How To Re-Discover and Reinvent Your Business
An organization –any organization– is a collection of processes. These processes are the natural business activities you perform that produce value, serve customers and generate income. Managing these processes is the key to the success of your organization.
Unfortunately, most organizations –probably yours– are not set up to manage processes. Instead they manage tasks. Think about it. Isn’t your company organized around functions (the manufacturing department, the x-ray department, the sales department, the customer service department)?
As a result, people tend to focus on “local” concerns instead of the “global” needs of process customers. Sub-processes evolve within departments without consideration of other functional areas. Layers of communication and management are created to ensure desired outcomes, thereby adding to costs and lengthening cycle and customer response times.
Inefficiency and waste become part of the system. They rob your organization of profits, productivity and its competitive advantage. But, there is a way out.
Process mapping is a simple yet powerful method of looking beyond functional activities and rediscovering your core processes. Process maps enable you to peel away the complexity of your organizational structure (and internal politics) and focus on the processes that are truly the heart of your business. Armed with a thorough understanding of the inputs, outputs and interrelationships of each process, you and your organization can:
- Understand how processes interact in a system
- Locate process flaws that are creating systemic problems
- Evaluate which activities add value for the customer
- Mobilize teams to streamline and improve processes
- Leverage technology to effectively automate and redesign processes
Properly used, process maps can change your entire approach to business process management…and greatly reduce the cost of your operations by eliminating as much as 50% of the steps in most processes as well as the root causes of systemic quality problems.
Gain The Skills You Need To Make Process Mapping Work For Your Organization
This practical, how-to-do-it seminar will arm you with the knowledge you need to analyze the way your organization really operates, to identify opportunities for dramatic improvement and to implement process changes that will have immediate impact on quality, customer service, productivity and financial performance.
You Will Learn How To:
- Identify and understand your organization’s true core processes
- Recognize and remove activities that do not add value
- Eliminate system flaws that result in poor quality
- Document processes for knowledge management or BPM initiatives
- View customer/supplier relationships and their impact on your system
- Engage business leaders, users and customers in process change efforts
- Dramatically improve your efficiency and customer satisfaction
Act Now! Enroll Your Key Leaders Today!
I. An Introduction To Systems Thinking
- The Evolution of Process Management
- Process Management Cycle: Seven Stages
- Traditional Management
- Systems Thinking
- Class Exercise: Select A Process To Analyze
- The System Model
- Creating A System Map
- Case Study Assignment
II. The Tools: How to Construct and Analysis Process Flow Charts
- Process and Workflow Diagrams
- Top-Down Flow Chart
- Block Diagram
- Activity Chart
- Work Flow Diagram
- Cross-Functional Flow Chart
- When to Use Each Chart
- Class Exercise: Bubble Process
- Analyzing Process Flowcharts
- Class Exercise: Putting It All Together
- Process Measures
- Charting Tips
III. Implementation Guide: Getting Your Bang for the Buck
- Implementing Change
- Organizational Change
- Creating & Sustaining Organizational Change
- Managing Resistance to Change
- Implementation Strategy
$995 – includes continental breakfast, lunch and course materials