Process Transformation | LIVE, ONLINE
December 8, 2020 - December 11, 2020 | 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
The James B. Henry Center for Executive Development
Learn best practices for preparing for a negotiation from a six-time Outstanding Faculty Award winner and published author.
This interactive program will be delivered live via an online learning platform.
- December 7, 2020 (Optional Pre-Session) | 1 – 2 p.m.
- December 8, 2020 | 1 – 4:30 p.m.
- December 9, 2020 | 1 – 4:30 p.m.
- December 10, 2020 | 1 – 4:30 p.m.
- December 11, 2020 | 1 – 4:30 p.m.
We plan to offer this program via via live, online learning. If you have questions about the online delivery of this program, please reach out to us.
In a live, online delivery format, you will log into a web conferencing platform to participate in the program. You will interact with the instructor, the moderator, and your fellow participants. The instructor is focused on delivering content to you in an engaging way. The moderator is focused on helping you and the instructor with all technical aspects of the class as well as engaging with you using virtual tools, like Chat. You will also be using collaborative tools for group work. Here are a few comments from prior participants:
- “I liked that the sessions were interactive as much as possible while still continuing to provide good information. I appreciate all the work done to turn this into a valuable virtual experience.”
- “I appreciated that the session was interactive and engaging. The instructor’s warm smile and invitations to join the chat made the content very engaging. We had lots of shared comments (maybe more than we would’ve had in person?) in the Zoom chat window.”
- “The course was very well put together (both preparing and online logistics and the course materials, before and during the course).”
- “The instructor and the moderator were very patient, friendly, helpful and professional.”
- To the moderator, “thank you for all your ‘behind the scenes’ action and attentiveness. Greatly appreciated!”
- “Appreciate the support and reassurance provided.”
Improving and Innovating Performance
There is no one-size-fits all recipe for getting better business results. It is both art and science, requiring data-driven problem solving and out-of-the-box solutions to assure sustainable success.
This program will arm you classic process improvement skills (SPC, Lean, Six Sigma) and creative redesign techniques so you are able to deliver both continuous improvement and breakthrough solutions for your organization.
Process Transformation: Improving and Innovating Performance is part of the Business Process Management Certificate Series, and it can be taken as a stand along program or as part of the BPM series.
In this program, participants will learn how to:
- Evaluate process performance relative to current strategic goals
- Interpret data and graphics to manage process performance
- Think outside the “process box”
- Use cutting edge techniques to generate ideas for breakthrough performance
- Devise innovative process designs based on customer needs
- Deliver more value to current and future customers
- Plan for the practical and political realities of process change
I. Innovation in Business
- Transformation examples
- Strategy/Process/Innovation Synergy
- Generating Solutions: Improvement vs. Innovation
II. Process Improvement Strategies
- Optimizing process flow
- Managing variation
- Selecting metrics
- Pareto Charts
- Control Charts
- Interpreting data
III. Process Innovation Techniques
- Brainstorming- Guidelines
- Six Hats Thinking
- Five Max Method
- Assessing Solutions
- Mapping To-Be processes
IV. Leveraging Process Excellence
- Kano Model
- Process Extension
- Market Extension
- Competitive Analysis
- Value Curves
- CODE – Implementing Change
- Facilitation tips
$1,295 – Includes course materials.