Retaining and Managing Critical Knowledge | LIVE, ONLINE
November 10, 2020 - November 17, 2020 | 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This interactive program will be delivered live via an online learning platform.
- November 9, 20 (Optional Pre-Session) | 1 – 2 p.m.
- November 10, 2020 | 1 – 4 p.m.
- November 17, 2020 | 1 – 4 p.m.
This program is offered live, online.
In a live, online delivery format, you will log into a web conferencing platform to participate in the program. You will interact with the instructor, the moderator, and your fellow participants. The instructor is focused on delivering content to you in an engaging way. The moderator is focused on helping you and the instructor with all technical aspects of the class as well as engaging with you using virtual tools, like Chat. You will also be using collaborative tools for group work. Here are a few comments from prior participants:
- “I liked that the sessions were interactive as much as possible while still continuing to provide good information. I appreciate all the work done to turn this into a valuable virtual experience.”
- “I appreciated that the session was interactive and engaging. The instructor’s warm smile and invitations to join the chat made the content very engaging. We had lots of shared comments (maybe more than we would’ve had in person?) in the Zoom chat window.”
- “The course was very well put together (both preparing and online logistics and the course materials, before and during the course).”
- “The instructor and the moderator were very patient, friendly, helpful and professional.”
- To the moderator, “thank you for all your ‘behind the scenes’ action and attentiveness. Greatly appreciated!”
- Appreciate the support and reassurance provided.
Protecting Your Assets from Turnover and Retirement
“Knowledge is the currency of the new economy” And yet, essential, strategic, and expensive knowledge walks out the door every week. Voluntary turnover is on the rise and, more critically, highly experienced baby boomers are retiring in great numbers.
In the Information Age, businesses must not only mitigate brain drain, they must make knowledge and process wisdom a true asset that can be leveraged across the organization. Unfortunately, traditional HR practices and high-tech knowledge management systems have not been up to the challenge for most organizations.
This live, online program will turn knowledge into a sustainable asset that transforms both corporate culture and business performance.
By attending this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify jobs and departments most at risk for critical loss of knowledge and ineffective knowledge transfer
- Quantify a company’s turnover and retirement risk
- Leverage a process-oriented approach to share and retain knowledge
- Capture and communicate wisdom, not just tasks
- Generate stakeholder support for structured knowledge sharing
- Start small and generate commitment for expansion
- Establish a model that’s easily duplicated and accelerates learning and productivity
Who Should Attend
Those who will benefit from this program include:
- Managers who hire, train, and develop employees
- Human resources and learning professionals
- Managers with staff in the field or at remote locations
- Leaders in an organization with regulated and safety-related processes
- Managers whose key emerging employees are millennials and iGen
- Leaders of an ISO, Business Process or Knowledge Management center of excellence
The Challenge: Mobility of Knowledge in the Information Age
- The true cost of employee turnover
- Traditional strategies for preventing a knowledge-loss crisis
- Generational challenges of traditional methods
- Critical gaps in “knowledge management”
The Solution: Integrating HR & Operations for Knowledge Retention
- Quantify risk and prioritize efforts
- Enlist early partners in knowledge capture transformation
- Process maps as “knowledge maps”
- Converting SOP documents into living procedures
- Leveraging process documentation
- Capturing process wisdom
- Assessing and saving the knowledge that matters
- Managing knowledge assets
Sustaining It: Building a Culture of Knowledge Sharing
- Winning hearts and minds
- The idea-driven organization
- Leveraging information and experience throughout the employee lifecycle
- Meeting the needs of customers and process owners
- Making knowledge everyone’s job
- Managing knowledge assets
$695 – includes course materials