West Michigan Supply Chain Management Certificate Series
January 18, 2018 - December 6, 2018 | 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Steelcase Innovation & Learning Center
January 18 – December 6, 2018
Module 1: January 18 – May 3, 2018
Module 2: August 23 – December 6, 2018
Steelcase Innovation & Learning Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan
This program is based on the graduate level supply chain management concentration in the Eli Broad College of Business at Michigan State University. The Broad College’s Supply Chain Management Program is consistently ranked as one of the best in the country. The seminar will be offered in two fifteen-week modules. Module One delves into marketing and supply chain management concepts and Module Two concentrates on supply chain management processes. Program content will be delivered through lecture, readings, class discussion and interactive simulations conducted by full-time Broad College faculty. Supply chain management case studies and applications will be liberally used throughout both modules. A project will tie both modules together. It will be scoped/developed during the first module; data will be refined and analyzed in between modules; and results will be presented and reviewed at the conclusion of the second module.
- Provide a thorough knowledge and understanding of world class supply chain management practices and their role in developing and maintaining competitive advantage.
- Provide experience in viewing supply chain situations from the perspective of suppliers to and customers of manufacturers and service providers.
- Provide an introduction to the tools and applications used in supply chain process evaluation and reengineering.
- Provide experience and feedback in the use of both qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Provide a knowledge baseline documenting supply chain management best practices.
This program is offered in two segments, but participants must begin with Module One in January 2018. The price can be paid by module or for the full program (see details below).
Faculty & Speakers
- Yemisi Bolumole
- David Closs
- William A. Donohue
- Jennifer Dunn
- David J. Frayer
- Stanley E. Griffis
- Justin Jagger
- Ranjani Krishnan
- Steven A. Melnyk
- Jason Miller
- Ayalla Ruvio
- Cheri Speier-Pero
- Ken Szymusiak
- Clay Voorhees
- Judith M. Whipple
- Jeremy Wilson
Who Should Attend
Executives and managers who must achieve enterprise success through logistics and supply chain management excellence in the highly competitive global environment. Participants will represent the functional areas of procurement, manufacturing, materials management, logistics and customer service and the major industrial segments in western Michigan.
$5,495.00 for both modules, which includes instruction, all educational materials, refreshments, web support and certificate of completion for the series. If you register and pay by December 1, 2017, the early bird rate is $4,495.00 for both modules.
David J. Frayer, Ph.D.