A stand-alone module of our established and highly respected Railway Management Certificate Program, this five-day program covers the strategy and management of railway operations for both freight and passenger railways. We combine classroom presentation of concepts with discussions led by rail industry subject matter experts, with site visits to see these topics in context. Railway Operations brings together many aspects of the complex railway ecosystem.
Chicago, operations models, capacity
CREATE and CTCO visit, Non-US Operations, Amtrak
Railcars, Locomotives and Leasing, decision-making and analyst viewpoint
Rail growth discussion and Wrap-Up
For a copy of the latest schedule please email: email@example.com
SITE VISIT INFORMATION
Regional/short line railroad, major rail customer loading facilities, economic development sites (subject to availability.)
Key Learning Objectives
By the end of the program, participants will:
- Better understand the importance of Chicago to today’s complex rail network and learn how traffic flow is managed
- Learn about different operating models and practices, for dedicated and mixed traffic applications
- Examine dispatch/control centers and communications
- Visit passenger and freight operating venues in Chicago
- Understand major freight customer requirements and operations integration
- Learn about locomotive and railcar availability, maintenance, and design implications for managers
- Improve understanding of lease vs. buy options
- Learn how better decision-making improves performance
- Hear first-hand from a Wall Street analyst about the current state of the freight rail industry.
Who Should Attend?
- Railroad superintendents, trainmasters, and middle managers from engineering and support functions with capacity to perform at higher levels
- Managers/leaders requiring learning opportunity beyond their experience who have had limited railway operations experience
- Shippers needing to learn about the business of railroading to build better relationships to improve performance
- Suppliers to the rail industry wishing to learn about the business of railroading to improve communication and understanding
- Staff of rail agencies, regulators, policy bodies, and state/local government.
$5,000 – full tuition
Price includes instructional materials and site visits, faculty and staff support, overnight rooms, and daily breakfast and lunch.
Transportation to and from the program, and dinner most nights are not included.
Discounts available for multiple participants from the same company.
To utilize the best in adult learning practices, class size will be limited to twenty-five students.
For more information visit www.raileducation.com.
Applies Towards the Following Series
- Railway Management Certificate Program : Required